[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] last names?

Michaelle McDonald mam at mcdonald-partners.com.au
Sun May 8 15:32:10 PDT 2016

Hi Dave

I'm not sure about the addition of the "e" but as far as I can see my
Krause's always had the 'e' at the end looking at old Lutheran Church
records in Poland (back to 1830's is all I've found).  I was once told the
more usual Polish version is with a Z Krauze.  I have been unable to trace
any of my Great grandfathers siblings descendants after 1940 in the Chelm,
Lubelskie area of Poland (near Ukraine).  My life's mission is to find them
some alive descendants, but I don't really know how to.  None of them seem
to be doing any research, they of course may of all been wiped out by the
war, or they may no longer know their history if they fled and older family
members died.

Michaelle Krause McDonald