[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Revolutionary automated handwriting recognition

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Mon Feb 22 07:09:17 PST 2016

For those of you who would like to read about this project in English, see this report: http://www.eufundingtrends.eu/news/launch-read-project-automated-recognition-and-enrichment-documents

The handwriting recognition software will need to be "trained" so that it can create typed text. As we all know, that's a new process for every hand, though the computer will be able to store more hands in memory than an individual human. However, optical character recognition even in scanned typed documents still leaves much to be desired, and I'm sure that interpreting idiosyncratic handwriting across various languages will have the same problems in the beginning which we now have with voice recognition for answering services which default to an email. But it is exciting news that such a project is being funded.

Sigrid Pohl Perry