[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Loroff family

CF Kemp cfkemp1 at shaw.ca
Thu May 1 21:20:10 PDT 2014

 I am currently researching  a Loroff family who immigrated to Canada in 1928.  Paul Loroff arrived with his wife, Agnes Laminski, and three sons.  The couple settled in Gage, Alberta where Paul died in 1952. Although Paul shared no information with this family regarding his roots, his sister Regina (born 1875,  Marupol, Russia and married to a Luknowsky), does have recorded on her death registration the names of her parents, Paul Loroff and Elizabeth Pelkofski.

I believe that this Paul (senior)  had a brother, Joseph Stephen who also immigrated to Canada and married a Regina Gurski.  Joseph was born possibly in Poland in 1855.  It is my belief that Paul Jr (who was born 1895 possibly in Odessa) is therefore a nephew of Joseph Stephen. I also believe that Joseph and Paul senior had sister, Barbara (1865? Poland/ she married a Bugalski) and a sister, Elizabeth.

Any information on the possible siblings, Joseph, Barbara, Paul (senior), and Elizabeth is appreciated.  Another brother may also have immigrated to the United States.

Before emigrating, Paul Jr. and Agnes Laminski had two sons born in Russia, Anton Michael (1921 Merheim, Russia) and Johann (1923 Russia). A third son, Paul was born in 1925 in Zelthain, Germany. Any information on the marriage and residence of Paul and Agnes in Russia would be most appreciated.