[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fwd: Sandstadt

Otto otto at schienke.com
Sun Feb 17 08:41:02 PST 2013

I concur with Peter.
(if we are both incorrect we are not alone)

Sandstadt = Sand city.
The only Sandstadt, "Sand City",  I know of is near the Hansa port of Stade in Lower Saxony (Niedersachsen).

Sanddorf - Sand Village.
Many, many of the Polish villages could be called sand villages due to the sandy composition of the soil.
There is a village "Sanddorf,"
now Samociążek, Poland 53.27433 17.95701
just south of the city Koronowo and north of Bydgoszcz.

Another "Sanddorf" existed (latter 1700's) in the county of Hohensalsa/Inowroclaw, northwest of Gniekowo. (Gniekowo is on the southwest road between Toruń and Inowroclaw.) it was "adelich", a holding of nobility.  (4 miles to Bromberg, 3 miles to Thoren)

 In 1905 the Lutheran Parish was Roneck,
the Catholic Parish was Plonkowo.
In 1905 the "Einwohner" = villagers of Sanddorf numbered 119.

If anyone wants a map, e-mail me and I'll send one. (.jpg-350k.)

On Feb 17, 2013, at 12:52 AM, PETER VON LIPINSKY wrote:
> [...]

. . .   Otto
         " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 01, 2013-