[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] What a difference a little DNA makes!!!!

Lynda Radke lradke at procognis.com
Thu Aug 8 08:44:32 PDT 2013

Hi Carol,

I have tested 8 family members, so I can use this data to determine where a
potential match comes from.  Of all my tested family group, my
Father-in-law, Norman Radke, who is from Volhynia has the closest matches
including several family groups.  As my family is British, I can really see
the difference.  We have more matches (well over 1,000) but very few that
are significant.  Norman has fewer matches (800 overall matches), but more
that are significant (75 predicted to be 2nd to 4th cousins).  Many of the
closer matches indicate in their profile or from corresponding that the
family are ethnic Germans from Volhynia.  Please feel free to send us a
sharing invite, if you are interested in connecting with us.

Speculative and standard view are part of the Ancestry Composition.  From
the home page of 23andme, go to 'My results' and then 'Ancestry
Composition'.  There will be a plus sign next to 'global resolution', click
it twice to get to 'sub - regional' resolution. Then at the top right of the
screen, you can change the standard estimate to speculative.  Note that
"nonspecific" refers to sections of dna that exist in all parts -- for
example 'non specific Northern European" refers to segments of DNA that are
common throughout northern Europe and as such cannot be identified as
German, British, Scandinavian, etc...

Norman's results are:

100% European

Northern European