[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bundesarchive Help

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Thu May 3 07:41:53 PDT 2012

Am 03.05.2012 11:34, schrieb Eveline Tiefenbach:
> Hello to the list
>

> I have been looking at the Bundesarchive online and there are so many to write too, don't know where to write to find info on family members, like emigrate, land records, etc. Where do I write too, has anyone else here on the list wrote to the Bundesarchive for info on family.
>

> Hat irgend jemand hier auf der liste mal an der Bundesarchive geschrieben, ich möchte eine suche machen auf meine family, wie land, auswanderung, etc., es sind so viele Bundesarchives, ich weiß nicht wo ich diese suche antrag machen soll.
>

> Help Please
> Eveline Tiefenbach

Hello Eveline,
it depends on what you are looking for. Most genealogical requests to the archive affect members of the Nazi Party or
other Nazi organizations (i.e. SS, SA). Their membership lists are almost completely preserved (i.e. 12,000,000 NSDAP
file cards of the former Berlin Document Center, personal files of the Rasse- und SiedlungshauptamtSS: about 240,000
files; personnel records of SS members: about 350,000 files; personnel records of SA members: about 550,000 files).

Another item affects the resettlement, people smuggling and naturalization procedures of the Einwandererzentralstelle in
Litzmannstadt (Łódź).

Access to the above personal information is possible only on the *identity of the****person concerned.* For complete
information, a search for *surnames, given names and date of birth* are required. Additional Information on career or
operating place can be helpful.

phone: +49 3018 7770-0
fax: +49 3018 7770-111
e-mail: berlin at bundesarchiv.de