[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 109, Issue 18

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Sat Jun 23 04:19:35 PDT 2012

Am 23.06.2012 05:50, schrieb albertmuth734 at gmail.com:
> Euphrosine does not occur in most areas of the German speaking world.  Some confusion with Eva Rosine is thus to be expected.  To assert that the names are truly interchangeable in our Germans living in our areas, you will need to substantiate your claim.
>
> Al

Hello Carolyn & Albert,
from which reasons ever, there was indeed an interchanging of these given names - even in Germany.

Mozart's maternal grandmother Eva Rosina PERTL was called Euphrosyne (maybe by the composer himself who notoriously was
a freemason).
Saint Rosina [Euphrosyne, Rosamunde] of WENGLINGEN was a legendary eremite of pre-14th century Württemberg.

Maybe the baptizing priest wanted to change the presumably pagan name Euphrosyne into one or two christian ones and the
parents tried to resist.

Günther