[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kratzke, Ott Marschal, Fuchs

Linda Marks Pauling lmpauling at utech.net
Sat Jun 2 10:47:01 PDT 2012

Hello Natalie,
Looking at the ages of your passengers, I checked the Lipno confirmation
records from 1901-1906... they are filmed from 1867 to 1906. If your
passengers were confirmed about age 15, they would be confirmed about 1903,
but I did not find them there, although I do see lots of Kratzke entries,
most earlier. I did find an Emma Amanda Marschal *18 March 1889 in Lubin and
confirmed in 1903. She is the daughter of Fryderyk Marschal and Luiza
Malzahn.

There is also a Kratzke family in Barany. parents are Jakob Kratzke and
Ludwika Grenke. I find confirmation of 2 of their children: Pauline *3 June
1888 and confirmed in 1903 and Julius *1891 and confirmed in 1905.

It is possible that these passengers are from the Lipno daughter church in
Ossowka/Espe.

Kikol is nw of Lipno about 5 miles and Barany is sw of Lipno. I do not know
if "Pfonko" could possibly be Prochnica also in the Lipno parish. In that
parish in the confirmation records I see 2 Kratzke families... Michal
Kratzke & Krystyna Grenke and Jakob Kratzke & Anna Schilke.

I do not know if any of this connects with the information you have. I can
check others for you born between 1852 and 1891 in Lipno if you have the
information, but I will be gone for the next week or so.
Linda Pauling

"... for such a time as this..." Esther 4:14