[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Need help in Poland

CAROL JONES thejoneses at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 23 09:24:07 PDT 2011

I am currently visiting family in the eastern part of Poland near the Ukraine border.  I have a few days left here before returning home to Canada and wonder if anyone can connect me with someone here who speaks English, and whom I might hire to drive me around to search some public records.

I'm staying in the town of Susiec which is near Ciezsnow.  My research is in the area of Rebizanty, Huta Rozaniecka, Plazow, Tepily and Ciesznow.  I have written in the past to the Przymyslu Archives where it appears they do the research for this area, and then one deals with Warsaw for payment and extractions.  I don't know if I have to travel to Przymysl or if I can get any help form Tomascow or other larger centres around here.  None of my family here speaks English and I don't speak Polish, so am stumped.

I'm researching Ukrainian Greek Catholic records.  Would appreciate any advice, ideas or help!

Gemkuyu,

Carol Jones