[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidtke of Chelm, Poland, Russia

Charlotte Gorley cgorley at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 16 08:54:37 PDT 2011

Mhairi and all,

My great-grandmother's name was Henretha (or Henrietta) Bertha Schmidtke.
I've also seen it spelled Schmidtkey and Schmidt.  She was born April 16,
1861 in Poland.  Today was her birthday.  What a gift it would be to find
relatives, or others who were searching this family line.

I'm told she had two brothers, Michael and Daniel, who stayed in the old
country.  Henrietta came to Canada in 1903 with her husband and family.
They settled in Saskatchewan.  She died in Melville Saskatchewan in 1948.

Does her name, or her brothers' names appear in any records?

Charlotte