[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] ZION IN LUTHERAN CHURCH NAME

Royal Natzke rdnatzke at charter.net
Sat Sep 25 13:11:18 PDT 2010

The name Zion is not significant in itself as to which branch of the
Lutheran churches it is in. Zion and Trinity were 2 of the most used names
in the early history of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. A 1940's history
of this synod is entitled Zion on the Mississippi - that seems to say
something. Here in WI it was also true of the Wisconsin Synod churches.

Royal Natzke