[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kreis Scherlisch, Poland

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Sun Apr 4 14:45:14 PDT 2010

Karen,

I am not sure I am going to be a help during Jerry Frank's absence, but
here is something to consider.

I typed in Scherlisch in the Jewish Shtetl Seeker and it came up with a
few options, the most promising sounding to my English speaking ear
being Czerlś, Czerśl.

When I entered Czerśl in

http://mapa.szukacz.pl,

it shows a village that is about 60 miles SSE or Warsaw, which is
certainly in a direction from central Poland to Volhynia. I have no idea
if this is the correct place.

Where did you get the spelling for the place you seek?

Gary Warner