[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Genealogy software

Dave Proper dproper at charter.net
Thu Nov 19 19:12:18 PST 2009

Nelson,
I switched from FTM to The Master Genealogist (TMG) several years ago and
love the control that it gives me over my data. TMG has a built in
conversion tool called GenBridge that will convert any of the major
genealogy programs with little or no loss of data. Eastman did a review of
it a couple of years ago here:
http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2004/08/genbridge_updat.html

Dave Proper

>Nelson,
>
>The best plan is for you to export your data to a gedcom on your old
computer and then import it into whatever program you plan on using on
>your new computer.   I would strongly recommend AGAINST using Family
>Tree Maker, as it causes us an immense amount of pain and effort to correct
the errors that program creates when we import data into our