[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] 1940 Canadian Registration

DrVbuzz at aol.com DrVbuzz at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 10:22:08 PDT 2008

Just received the 1940 Canadian Registration report on my great  Aunt
Julianna Jess born March 4, 1868.  Her marriage record states born in  Kalisch.  I
have birth records of two of her siblings born after her in the  Lublin area and
a brother born in Volhynia near Torczyn in 1883. On the  1940 record she
gives her birth place as Mlynow NW of Dubno, which  is close to where I know the
family lived for many of their years in  Volhynia.  She gives Lublin as the
birth place for both of her  parents, quite sure that information is way off.

The birth village response was a surprise and disappointment after waiting
so long for the report.  The speculation could go on forever why she  answered
the question that way.  Did not understand the question, forgot,  wanted to
mislead - it was 1940 and so on.

Beside the birth and village information there was not much on the report.

Wanted to share my experience with you.

Victor Gess
Researching in Poland and  Volhynia
Gering/Gess/Jeske/Jess/Kwast/Mildner/Rode/Wonnick-ek-eck/Riske
IwanokaJulianowka/Karlswalde/Moczulki/Satyjew/Shinufka
Bielsko/Chmielewo/Kalisch/Karolinow/Plock