[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] several miscelaneous questions

Nelson Itterman colnels at telus.net
Wed Apr 30 15:13:33 PDT 2008

Basically, what Gunther says is true. I however have found that the
Stamm-buch from the EWZ was a goldmine for my immediate ancestors, siblings
and cousins. My parents and other relatives who might have had the
information I was seeking were long gone. I also found immigration
information into Germany from my grandfathers brother gave me the birthdates
and places of birth of my GrGrandfather and GrGrandmother.
When I went to the Government Records Office and enquired, I was told all
the information was secret, but when I spoke to supervisor, he told her to
make copies of the documents for me when he found out why I wanted the
information.

Nelson