[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Cossacks in Poland

kenneth krawczyk kenkraw at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 13:52:18 PDT 2007

This certainly solidifies what I have been told by my father and
grandfather.  The Cossacks used to ride through the village of Wola
Gorynska, outside of Warsaw, and whip the people and ride them down.
My grandfather, Wladyslaw and his brothers Krawczyk as young men 18 to
22 years old would pull them down off their horses as they rode by and
whip them as they did their people.  The brothers quickly became
outlaws as a result and hunted by the Cossacks, and left the country.
Wladyslaw immigrated to the USA in 1906 at the age of nineteen, and his
brothers followed shortly thereafter.

Ken Krawczyk