[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lettkemanns

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 15 18:18:22 PST 2007

At 07:34 AM 15/11/2007, E Zac wrote:
>I am just beginning research on the clan Lettkemann ( any spelling )
>and would appreciate any informatrion as to how I might proceed.
>   The Letkemans lived in Prussia and Pommerania,some may still be there.
>   Thanks
>   Esther

As with any other genealogical search, you need to start with what
you know rather than trying to jump straight in to Prussian or
Pomeranian research.  The latter can be very difficult because that
region was hard hit by destruction of records during the wars.

So, provide us with some family specifics and we will try to help
further.  We don't need your entire genealogical record but post what
you know about the immigrant family as a start.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca