[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place-names in Russia.

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 10 05:41:41 PDT 2007

George,

Can you put these place names in context for us?  Are they all in Volhynia?

Walika might be a misreading of Wulka but it could also be
Walki.  There are several Wulka / Wolka in Volhynia, many more in
Russian Poland.

Domurowo might be Dombrowa but again there are many in Volhynia.

Were your ancestors always in Gross Gluscha or did they migrate
around within Volhynia?  Would you expect these places to be close to
Gross Gluscha?  What surnames are associated with each village (and
in what time frame)?  If they came in at Ellis Island, can you
provide the name and date of arrival so that we can look at the document?

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca