[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Cilke Variations

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 9 16:36:33 PDT 2006

Bussman62 and I have collaberated in the past re the Zielke family.   The
Zielke's are from Koniecpol (Konezpol) a village about 7 miles NE of
Gostynin.  The records are found in Gostynin Lutheran parish, some later
married in Gabin (Gombin) parish.

Leslie,     the Wegner name figures into this family and Schafrick's are
also found in this area Gostynin - Gabin area.

Rose Ingram
--.

From: "Joe Pessarra" Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:04 PM

Shtetl Seeker at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp
shows two Koniecpol locations in Poland.

Believe that the second one is the one you want.  It is 127.2 miles SSE of
Warszawa (Warsaw).  It is not right on the Wisla (Vistula), but not far from
it, about 10-15 km or 6-9 miles away.  It is about 30 km or 18 miles
northeast of Mielec.

You can see its location on a map by clicking on the U for Ultimap in Shtetl
Seeker, after you have found the two towns in Poland.  I believe this map
site gives the best results.  The M for Mapquest also gives a pretty good
map.

The town is very small, and does not show on my Poland atlas.

Poland phone directory does not show any Zielke listings currently in
Gostynin.  Also no Sniezek in the few towns that I checked around Koniecpol.
Believe that was your grandmother's name, correct?

Joe Pessarra in Texas

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 16:02:04 EDT
From: Bussman62 at aol.com
I also know that the Zielke family came from the Gostynin area between
Plock
and Warsaw.  My grandmother was from a village formerly known as  Koniecpol
near the Vistula River.   Part of this branch later settled  in the
Cleveland
OH area....my grandmother settled in the Scranton PA  area.