[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 05:31:09 PST 2006

Dear Michael,
  I am surprised that you could request anything from the State Archives in Poland regarding EWZ. Copies of EWZ records are only found in Berlin and the National Archives II near Washington DC. If they lived in Lodz until 1950 then they were not "umgesiedelt" and thus should not be in EWZ. I notice you do not mention an "Umsiedlung Nummer". Can you email me some scans of informative documents and I'll see how these compare with EWZ records.
  Karl

Michael Stockhausen <michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de> wrote:
  I was very surprised to learn that such confidential documents as the EWZ
files are available on LDS microfilms.

Some time ago I ordered copies of the "Antraege" regarding my grandparents
and two of my greatgrandmothers in the State Archives in Poland. This was
rather expensive, but the information I got was very interesting. (My family
lived in Lodz/Poland from around 1800 to 1950.)

I would now like to order the films as well.
Does anyone have any experience with these files?

1. The "Antraege" that I have contain a couple of numbers
(a) Staatsangehörigkeitsausweis-Nr.
(b) Ausweis-Nr .
(c) Liste Nr - Seite - Lf-Nr
Is any one of these the number I need to find the "Stammblaetter" (without
ordering the card index)?

2. Does is still make sense to order the card index (if I find the
Stammblätter directly)?

3. My grandparents changed their name from CERECKI to ZERETZKE (the German
version used in Posen prior to 1800) in 1941 (= a year later). Should I
search for CERECKI or ZERETZKE?

4. Will I find documents on people/families that had always lived in the
Lodz area?

Michael Stockhausen
Bad Vilbel, Germany