[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family names question

Donne, Alexsana ADonne at sara.com
Fri Aug 25 13:50:08 PDT 2006

Stop me if this sounds familiar:

I'm trying to track my grandfather's family.  Here is what I know, his
name was Daniel Becker and he was born in Novin Russia in 1894 (per his
WW1 draft registration card).  He immigrated to the US in 1909 and lived
in Nebraska, South Dakota and California for short times before settling
in Oregon in the 1920's.  We can find some things about him in the US,
but other than finding his Ellis Island record I've found nothing prior
to coming to the US.  In fact I had a hard time finding the city
(village?) of Novin until I found your list.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Lexi