[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Neu Wuerttemberg Amt Tkaczew and Gruenberg Amt Laznow

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 3 19:49:01 PDT 2006

I generally concur with the suggestions made but
there is one small problem.  The description:

"(zwischen Krubin und Lipinsken-Stadt)"

does not fit the location for Tkaczewska Gora,
nor Tkaczew a short distance further north.

Krubin and Lipinskie are only about 2-3 km apart
and are both located a short distance SE of
Gabin.  A place located between them would be
precisely the location of Lwowek / Leonberg, a
village known to have been founded by Wuerttembergers in the early 1800s.

Neither Tkaczewska Gora nor Lwowek appear on my
1803 Gilly map of South Prussia so both villages
were probably founded after or at that time
period.  Note also that if Gruenberg is in "Amt
Laznow", then Neu Wuerttemberg should be in "Amt
Tkaczew".  The only known Tkaczew at the time is
shown as a Vw. = volwark = farm.  It would hardly
carry the designation of Amt and is too far away to apply.

I certainly have no idea how to explain
this.  Perhaps someone who knows the history of
Leonberg can shed some insight.  One such history
is in our December 2001 Journal but does not
appear to provide any light on the question.  In
any case, it may mean doing some research in both places.

Two other small points of interest.  The Journal
article shows a Gottlieb Rausser family from
Iselshausen, Nagold, Wu. as one of the original
settlers which could be a misspelling or variant
of Reiser.  And, Neu Wuerttemberg, according to a
GOOGLE search, is a term used to describe the
former Kingdom after the invasion of Napoleon.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca