[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Questions or hints about Film numbers

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Mon Jul 4 16:27:53 PDT 2005

Gerhard,

I cannot answer your question, but I recall
looking at the Suwalki, Poland records, and I
think there were up to four different copies of
the same parish books.   I have also seen the
same in some other parishes, notably
Przasnysz.  I am not certain if the required
number of copies that each parish had to make,
but it is apparent that it is more than one, at
least in some areas.   This may have been
different from diocese to diocese, however.

Gary Warner
Gig Harbor, Washington, USA